As used in this policy, “personal information” means information that would allow a party to identify you such as, for example, your name, address or location, telephone number, or email address.
- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through our Services, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Services, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
- If www.somethingblue.xyz is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, www.somethingblue.xyz will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or CC is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Personal Information www.SomethingBlue.xyz Collects
We may collect personal information through our Services, including without limitation:
- when you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us;
- when you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the comments forms we make available through our Services.
What www.SomethingBlue.xyz Does with Personal Information
Emails and Blog Comments. We use the personal information you provide to us when you send us emails in order to respond to your request – for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about www.SomethingBlue.xyz.
Disclosures of Personal Information
In general, it is not www.SomethingBlue.xyz’s practice to disclose personal information to third parties.
If Creative Commons is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, www.SomethingBlue.xyz will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or www.SomethingBlue.xyz is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Security of Personal Information Collected via the Services
www.SomethingBlue.xyz has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that www.SomethingBlue.xyz stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Websites if any such security breach occurs.
Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
Our Data Usage Policy covers how we maintain and use information about you that is collected by our Services.
Non Personal Browsing Information We Collect
When you use the Services, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your “IP address”) about your activities while visiting the Websites and information about the browser you are using.
We do not intentionally link browsing information or information from our server logs to the personal information you submit to us. We use this information for internal purposes only, such as to help understand how the Services are being used, to improve our Services, and for systems administration purposes. CC may use a third party analytics provider to help us collect and analyze non personal browsing information through operation of our Services for those same purposes.
No Selling or Sharing
www.SomethingBlue.xyz discards non personal browsing information from our server logs once we have used the information for the limited purposes noted above, under “No Linking.”
If www.SomethingBlue.xyz is required to provide a third party with your non personal browsing information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then www.SomethingBlue.xyz will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless www.SomethingBlue.xyz is prohibited by law from doing so or is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Special Note to International Users
Effective Date: June 13, 2016